JOB TITLE: ACCOUNTS PAYABLE CLERK
Reports to: Accounting Manager
Classification: Full-time, Temp to hire
About the Company
We believe yoga is for everybody and it is our mission to help people lead healthier lives by helping people connect their minds and their bodies to center themselves and achieve a sense of calm. Our highly trained, passionate teachers make yoga accessible to people of all ages and abilities in an inclusive and non-judgmental environment that is community-oriented. Our first studio opened 30 years ago and we now operate 60+ studios on the east and west coasts and have aggressive plans to continue rapid expansion fueled primarily through acquisitions. To help fund our growth, this past summer, we completed an initial public offering and are the first yoga instruction to be publicly traded (NASDAQ: YOGA). We are a people-oriented business and employ over 2,000 employees who collectively deliver our amazing service 365 days per year. Our studios are supported by regional and corporate teams to assist studio personnel to deliver an authentic, high quality experience along with important local sales and marketing efforts that help drive differentiation and profitability.
About the Role
The Accounts Payable Clerk is a temporary, short-term role that will be responsible for completing payments and controls expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices. The role will also consist of maintaining historical records and filing documents.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
• Verifies expenses accounts and cost centers used on invoices processed.
• Pays vendors and monitors discount opportunities; verifying federal id numbers; resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation; insuring credit is received for outstanding memos; issuing stop-payments or purchase order amendments.
• Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
• Scans and files documents
• Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
Qualifications and Experience
• Prior experience in Accounts Payable.
• Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
• Data entry skills along with a knack for numbers
• Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and proprietary software
• Proficiency in English and in MS Office
• Customer service orientation and negotiation skills
• High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
• Strong work ethic and team player.
• High degree of professionalism.
• Organizational, multi-tasking, strong attention to detail and prioritizing skills
• BS degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration is a plus
• Highly energetic, positive and enthusiastic team player with strong interpersonal skills.
• Self-starter with a high level of initiative and strong sense of ownership and urgency, organizational and time management skills
• Ability to multi-task and function in a fast-paced environment, often with changing priorities
• Must be customer focused and deliver company’s high level of customer service at all times.
• Ability to stay calm at all times and act respectfully and professionally
• Dependable, accountable and responsible
• High level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Publisher and Word
This position does not supervise direct reports.
This job primarily operates in an office environment but may involve work within the community and/or visiting studios. Not all locations have elevators or offer physically-disabled access. The role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Employee must be able to work hours that exceed eight hours per day and/or 40 hours per week including nights and weekends, especially during peak activity periods.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit or stand for up to four hours at a time; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms.The employee is occasionally required to bend and carry files/products/boxes in order to organize as well as prepare for meetings and events. This job requires the person to climb up and down flights of stairs as elevators are not present at all locations. May be asked to occasionally lift a box of up to 10 pound or load a ream of paper into the copier which requires lifting and/or bending.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust and focus.
• Strong verbal skills (proficient in English)
Must be able to effectively hear in person and via telephone.
YogaWorks provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, YogaWorks complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Note: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job as they may change at any time with or without notice.