Job Title: Greeter
Reports to: Studio Manager or Customer Service Manager (as appropriate per studio)
Classification: Non-exempt, hourly
Location: 7320 Redwood Blvd. #C, Novato, CA 94945
About the Company
We believe yoga is for everybody and it is our mission to help people lead healthier lives by helping people connect their minds and their bodies to center themselves and achieve a sense of calm. Our highly trained, passionate teachers make yoga accessible to people of all ages and abilities in an inclusive and non-judgmental environment that is community-oriented. Our first studio opened 30 years ago and we now operate 60+ studios with aggressive plans to continue rapid expansion fueled primarily through acquisitions. To help fund our growth, this past summer, we completed an initial public offering and are the first yoga instruction to be publicly traded (NASDAQ: YOGA). We are a people-oriented business and employ over 2,000 employees who collectively deliver our amazing service 365 days per year. Our studios are supported by regional and corporate teams to assist studio personnel to deliver an authentic, high quality experience along with important local sales and marketing efforts that help drive differentiation and profitability.
About the Role
The Greeter is a key role in establishing a relationship with our studio customers and visitors. This person welcomes students into the studio and sets the tone for their experience. The successful candidate must love being involved with customers, enjoy selling products and deliver consistently strong customer service. Person must be an energetic team player with a positive attitude to help the students have a positive experience and help the studio run as efficiently and effectively as possible.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Welcome all visitors according to our Customer Service standards; answer telephone promptly and courteously
• Check students into class/workshop/etc through software system (MindyBody Online or equivalent software)
• Assist students by guiding them through our programs and answering their questions (or find the answers to questions if not known)
• Be knowledgeable about products, programs and pricing (Yoga, workshops,Teacher Training, Retail,etc) and actively promote and sell to all visitors
• Insure all students complete all paperwork/forms as appropriate
• Keep common areas neat and clean: prepare tea area, clean studio rooms, empty trash and tidy props between classes efficiently and quickly
• Work with studio staff to support the financial goals and operational needs of the studio
• Report any issues per our procedures
• Keep the retail area looking great which includes keeping it clean and re-merchandising products to attract customer’s attention. Receive and transfer merchandise as appropriate. Pro-actively watch for theft to avoid shrinkage.
• Follows and upholds Employee Handbook and all other guidelines including but not limited to: Customer Service Guidelines, Dress Code Guidelines, Core Values, etc.
• Any other tasks required to help company meet its goals
Qualifications and Experience
• Experience working in a customer service role
• Experience working in retail, yoga, fitness, and/or health industry a plus
• Highly energetic, positive and enthusiastic team player
• Ability to multi-task and function in a fast-paced environment, often with changing priorities given the number of students entering and exiting the studio at similar times
• Passion for the product we sell (i.e. yoga/fitness) and ability to understand and clearly communicate the different products/programs we offer
• Must be customer focused and deliver company’s high level of customer service at all times in a professional, courteous, sensitive and friendly manner
• Ability to stay calm at all times and act respectfully and professionally, even with customers who may become angry or raise their voices
• Dependable, accountable and responsible with excellent attendance and punctuality
• Proactive problem solver; detail-oriented
• Self motivated
• Comfortable working in a sales-driven environment
• Flexible schedule
• Comfortable with computers and effective at learning and using the necessary software products (i.e. Mind Body Online, email, Google documents, spreadsheets,etc)
This position does not supervise any direct reports.
This job primarily operates in a yoga studio.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Employee must be able to work hours that exceed eight hours per day and/or 40 hours per week including nights and weekends, especially during peak activity periods.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit or stand for up to four hours at a time; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to bend and carry files/products/boxes in order to organize as well as prepare for meetings and events. This job requires the person to climb up and down flights of • stairs as elevators are not present at all locations. May be asked to occasionally lift a box of up to 10 pound or load a ream of paper into the copier which requires lifting and/or bending.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust and focus.
• Strong verbal skills (proficient in English)
• Must be able to effectively hear in person and via telephone.
YogaWorks provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, YogaWorks complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.