Under the general supervision of the Finance Manager, the incumbent will be the accounting point for all the programs and enterprises. Functions and operations consist of maintaining control over the liabilities and expenses of the Tribe’s Enterprises, Programs, and Grants. To review the vouchers, invoices for payment of current and due bills to commercial companies, private individuals, government, tribal employees, other government agencies, and other service or product providers.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Ensures that all payments represent a legal obligation to the Tribe under the appropriate fund groups involved; that all payments are authorized, proper, correct; and are in accordance with the terms and conditions of the purchase order or contracts.
• Receives, reviews, and examines all types of procurement documents, i.e.: travel and purchase orders for payments.
• Insures that all invoices are processed in a timely manner, that goods/services have been received and that payment is due, prior to the issuance of checks.
• Communicate with co-workers, management, program directors, and others in a courteous and professional manner. • Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures, and instructions.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Finance Manager.
• Must be a High School Graduate or have achieved its equivalency.
• Accounts payable processing experience. (2 years or more)
• Knowledge of general accounting procedures and related statutory requirements helpful.
• Knowledge of automated and manual accounting systems.
• Must have excellent verbal and written skills.
• Must be able to communicate effectively with co-workers and manger.
• Must have valid driver’s license and be insurable by the Tribe.
FOR MORE INFORMATION AND TO APPLY:
Quechan Indian Tribe
Human Resource Department
P. O. Box 1899 Yuma, AZ 85366
350 Picacho Road Winterhaven, CA 92283
Telephone: (760) 572-0213
Fax: (760) 572-0515
All offers of employment are conditional on the successful completion of a drug test and background investigation. Preference in filling
vacancies is given to qualified Indian Candidates in accordance with the Indian Preference Act (Title 25, U.S. Code, Sections 472 & 473).
Applicants claiming Native American Preference must present valid evidence of Tribal Affiliation. In other than the above, the Quechan
Tribe is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Quechan Tribe adheres to the Drug-Free Workplace Act of 1988.