BRIEF SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Manage the corporate revenue cycle, monitor accounts receivable and cash.
2. Monitor cash balances, and prepare grant draw down requests as needed, record such draw down payments in accounts receivable.
3. Arrange preparation of weekly miscellaneous cash deposits and process in the accounting system.
4. Process electronic deposit payments in the accounting system on a daily basis.
5. Update chart of accounts as needed.
6. Calculate and post monthly indirect, produce and distribute monthly budget to actual analysis reports.
7. Maintain grant files accurately and timely.
8. Review grant applications, budgets, budget modifications and adjusting journal entries and enter approved items in the accounting system.
9. Prepare and submit grant agency financial reports and maintain grant reporting schedule.
10. Backup technical assistance to program directors in budget preparation, monitoring, expense projections and grant close out in conjunction with the Accounting Manager.
11. Prepare, compile and monitor program directors financial to-do list in relationship to grant management.
12. Receive cross training on Accounting Manager duties and act in the absence of the Accounting Manager.
13. Assist with coordination and facilitation of the annual audit.
14. Other duties as assigned by the Chief Financial Officer.
1. AA in Business or Accounting or related field, or 2 years of accounting work experience in the field. Comparable work experience may substitute for the degree requirement on a year for year basis.
2. Must possess basic computer knowledge and skills in internet usage, Word, Excel and Windows.
3. Knowledge of basic accounting principles essential.
4. Must be attentive to detail and perform accurate work under numerous time constraints.
5. Must be dependable, self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
6. Must possess basic office skills.