Ilanka Cultural Center Assistant
Native Village of Eyak
The Ilanka Cultural Center Assistant is the main coverage for the gift shop, museum, cache & tribal library as well as assists with cultural programming and projects.
This position performs a variety of routine work within established policies & procedures and receives detailed instructions on new projects and assignments.
- Open, close & cashier for gift shop & museum.
- Update gift shop displays.
- Provide cultural information to visitors.
- Maintain organized & secure tribal library.
- Assist with current cultural programs and projects.
- Answer telephones, answer questions, take messages, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
Competencies (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
Good organizational skills. Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft office and Adobe programs. Ability to follow instructions, and exercise independent judgment. Knowledge of point of sale systems. Knowledge of Prince William Sound Native history, culture, language, traditions, values. Excellent customer service skills. Knowledge of subsistence practices and ability to work with tribal members on projects.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 1-year customer service experience preferred. Experience with Photoshop preferred.
- Regularly manipulate a variety of data via verbal, written and electronic media.
- Regularly sit for long periods of time to complete tasks.
- Regularly bend, crouch, stand, move about to complete work.
- Typically lifts 25 lbs. to coordinate work.
- Regularly manipulate electronic data to gather, input and otherwise coordinate work.