Inupiat Community of the Arctic Slope
Job Summary or Purpose:
The Inupiat Community of the Arctic Slope (ICAS) has an opening in their gaming operations. This is an exciting opportunity to join an organization committed to protecting the Inupiat way of life here on the Arctic Slope of Alaska. This position will be responsible for the staffing gaming operations. We are looking for a strong candidate to train for this position, prior work experience is desirable. Please contact ICAS offices in person to apply for this position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct supervision of gaming staff and be responsible for all of the gaming issues.
- Train new personnel on job tasks and duties.
- Open, close and do shift changes for Gaming.
- Must be knowledgeable of all games being played and value sold for each shift;
- Responsible for checking the Daily Sales Report for each shift; at the end of month activity, a summary sheet is to be submitted to the Finance Director for back up reconciliation
- Daily Deposits, Inventory, Collect, review, sign & submit weekly timesheets.
- Examine and resolve any discrepancies.
- Maintain a spreadsheet detailing daily sales, and preparing form for data entry into the accounting system, for the Gaming operation’s
- Ensures Gaming Operations is fully staffed
- Informing Accounting Manager of what games and supplies need to be ordered for Gaming Operations
- Maintain cash register & scales
- Performs administrative and clerical duties in accordance with standard office and ICAS procedures
- Performs other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrated efficacy in verbal and written communication skills; basic math proficiency and cash-handling skills.
- Respond promptly to customer’s needs; ability to maintain composure and use diplomacy and tact when dealing with customers.
- Act in a mature manner when dealing with difficult employees or customers.
- Knowledge of State of Alaska Gaming regulations; willing and able to refer to Gaming Manager.
- Demonstrated effective supervisory skills.
- Proficient skills in the use of computers, office machines and equipment.
- Accurately complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Availability to work evenings, weekends, or other irregular hours.
- High school education
- Must have valid Alaska Driver’s License
- Must be 21 years or older
- Must have taken and passed the State of Alaska gaming test.
- Knowledge of accounting principles and or experience preferred
- Inupiaq speaking
As a federally recognized sovereign Tribe and authorized P.L. 638, ICAS gives preference for training and employment to qualified candidates who are Alaskan Native and/or American Indian.
This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the Inupiat Community of the Arctic Slope (ICAS) and the applicant. It is not an offer of employment. The job description and requirements may be changed by the employer as the needs of ICAS changes. There is no implied employment or time frame of an offer or of length of employment should there be an offer of employment as ICAS is an At Will employer.