Inupiat Community of the Arctic Slope
Job Summary or Purpose:
The Inupiat Community of the Arctic Slope (ICAS) has an opening in their accounting/finance department. This is an exciting opportunity to join a organization committed to protecting the Inupiat way of life here on the Arctic Slope of Alaska. This position will be responsible for the processing weekly payroll and accounts payable transactions. We are looking for a strong candidate to train for this position, an accounting certification or prior work experience is desirable. Please contact ICAS offices in person to apply for this position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs reconciliations, billing and balancing of accounts
- Performs administrative and clerical duties in accordance with standard office and ICAS procedures
- Receives and records payments which may include rent, utility, tax and other accounts receivables payments
- Prepares daily deposit slips and balances cash receipts
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High school education or equivalent
- Two years of clerical or accounting experience
- Computer skills in MS Word and Excel
- Inupiaq speaking
As a federally recognized sovereign Tribe and authorized P.L. 638, ICAS gives preference for training and employment to qualified candidates who are Alaskan Native and/or American Indian.
This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the Inupiat Community of the Arctic Slope (ICAS) and the applicant. It is not an offer of employment. The job description and requirements may be changed by the employer as the needs of ICAS changes. There is no implied employment or time frame of an offer or of length of employment should there be an offer of employment as ICAS is an At Will employer