Introduction: Seldovia Village Tribe provides health care to all patients as a Community Health Center in the State of Alaska, Additionally, Seldovia Village Tribe serves the Alaska Native/American Indian beneficiaries living in the Seldovia and Homer area.
Position Overview Perform manual therapy massage techniques within the scope of licensing and training to reduce pain, reduce stress and promote relaxation for patient/partners of SVT Health & Wellness. Assist in the assessment of range of motion and muscle strength and/or propose lifestyle change plans to enhance or achieve a healthy mental, physical and spiritual balance. Make referral for treatment to SVTHW providers as appropriate.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate as a team member in SVTHW program development and integration of health care services providing holistic care to treat the whole person.
- Assess and treat patient/partner’s soft tissue condition, joint quality, and function in a professional setting.
- Use complementary aids such as infrared lamps, compresses, ice, aromatherapy, and sauna to promote recovery, relaxation, and well-being. Prepare and blend oils for application.
- Provide patient/partners with guidance and information about techniques for postural improvement and stretching, strengthening, relaxation, and rehabilitative exercises.
- Develop and propose treatment plans
- Maintain a professional and supportive presents with patients and colleagues to facilitate treatment effectiveness.
- Provide services that are culturally appropriate.
- Assist with outcome measures and data collection.
- Participate in outreach and prevention services in coordination with other departments or Seldovia Village Tribe programs for planned health outreach events at various schools, agencies, or businesses.
- Maintain accurate, complete, and timely patient documentation as defined in SVTHW policy.
- Abide by the policies and procedures, clinical guidelines and protocols established by SVT Health & Wellness, and state and federal regulations for practice as a licensed/certified practitioner.
- Follow federal, state, local, and funding guidelines and requirements (to include but not limited to HIPAA, CLIA, OSHA AND ICWA)
- Maintain active license(s) and certification(s) required to practice in State of Alaska.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Successful completion of SVTHW credentialing and privileging process, with successful approval by the Tribal Council.
- Recredentialing will be completed every two (2) years
- Must demonstrate the following personal attributes: honest and trustworthy, respectful, cultural awareness and sensitivity, flexibility, sound work ethics, maintain standards of conduct.
- Education - Associate’s Degree or work equivalent, field of study: Massage or related.
- Experience - 3+ years of experience as Massage Therapist. Prior experience in Tribal Health or Community Health Center setting a plus.
- Certifications/Licensure - Licensed Massage Therapist (State of Alaska) CPR/BLS Required - Provided by SVT
- Travel -Travel is subject to weather conditions and unplanned overnights in locations may be required. Day travel from Homer to Anchor Point
- Computer Knowledge - Proficiency in Mac and PC systems. Operational knowledge of keyboards, office equipment such as copiers, fax machines, and multiline phones. Must be familiar with Microsoft Excel and word processing, and database programs. Practice Management Software and Electronic Health Record experience preferred.
- Screening Requirements - FBI Fingerprinting. Pre-employment Drug Testing. Pre-employment Background Screening
Physical Demands This position requires constant use of hands, standing for long periods of time, bending at the waist, outstretched arms, and reaching outward/above. This position requires the ability to walk, sit, speak verbally, grasp, and manually manipulate. Tuberculosis Testing at hire (or proof test within last year) required and provided by SVT. Fitting for Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) respirator is required. Protective gloves may be required.
Care Team SVT Health & Wellness Care Teams partner with patients to provide the care they want and need. The Care Team works together and with the patient to ensure patients receive follow-up care, annual well exams and indicated preventative care and screenings. Members of the Care Team support each other to provide patient care and essential follow up. The involvement of team members varies depending on each patient’s need during any particular episode of care.