Minimum one (1) year experience with accounting or professional office setting preferred.
2. Ability to understand verbal and written direction in an accounting setting in order to produce interim reconciliation of accounts and/or summary reports.
3. Ability to read/understand Federal & State grant and contract regulations preferred.
4. Detail oriented, knowledge of computerized accounting, beginning or intermediate excel.
5. Must possess a valid California drivers license and comply with the requirements of the Tribe’s driving policy and insurance requirements.
6. High school diploma or GED required.
Preference in filling of vacancies shall be given first to qualified Tuolumne Me-Wuk Community Council Members and then to enrolled Native Americans of any federally recognized tribe. Documentation for claiming preference must be provided with the application for consideration. Other than the above, the Tuolumne Me-Wuk Tribe is an equal opportunity employer.
This position is deemed part-time/temporary/intermittent. Current temporary staff will be given consideration for full time employment in the event that status changes may change the time requirements of the position, additional weekly work hours may be offered to existing staff members according to all applicable personnel policies of the Tribe including in-house advertisement of positions and the Tribe’s Indian preference policy.
This position may be considered by the Tribes Education Development Department for additional funding and/or support of long term position development for the Tribe with additional applicability or eligibility requirements.
Employment is contingent upon pre-employment background and drug test results.