Accounts Payable Clerk
The Accounts Payable Clerk, under the Accounting Supervisor’s supervision and limited supervision from the Accounting Manager and Chief Financial Officer, is responsible for the accurate and timely input of the accounts payable system and other related financial activities for the Snoqualmie Tribe. This is a non-exempt position that reports to the Accounting Supervisor.
- Maintain the accounts payable system using computerized data entry. Maintain supporting documentation to support internal and external audits.
- On receipt of vendor invoices and payment request, validate appropriate account number detail and input into the fund accounting system. Ensure the timely input of information.
- Reconcile vendor statements and maintain various levels of vendor information.
- Assist in preparing 1099 forms at year end, ensuring all contract payments have proper documentation before payment.
- Provide back-up support for other finance staff as directed by the Accounting Manager. Assist supervisor with special accounting projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Associate's degree in accounting or related field from a regionally accredited institution preferred.
- Three year's accounts payable work experience required.
- Knowledge of computerized accounting systems required. Knowledge of current wage and hour law, and tax regulations.
- Strong problem solving skills, particularly regarding accounting, tax, and regulatory obligations.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- Ability to type 50 WPM required; 10-key by touch required.
- Strong organizational skills and accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to monitor and prioritize workload and meet strict deadlines.
- Knowledge of Native cultures, history, and traditions strongly preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills and written and verbal communication. Demonstrated ability to communicate with diverse populations in a courteous, helpful and clearly understood manner.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and use tact and discretion.
- Must be able to comply with the Snoqualmie Tribe Employment policies, to include pre-employment drug screening and background checks.
- This is a full-time hourly position and employment is at-will.
- Competitive medical, dental, life and disability insurance benefits beginning the first of the month following date of hire.
- 401k retirement plan with employer matching contributions after 90 days employment.
- Generous paid holidays, vacation, and sick leave.
Work generally takes place in an office environment within a controlled atmosphere building. Noise levels are low to moderate.
The Snoqualmie Indian Tribe follows the Tribal Hiring Preference as outlined in tribal policies, which allows hiring preference to qualified individuals that are enrolled in a federally recognized Indian Tribe.