Social Service Case Manager/Tribal Court Liaison
Eklutna Native Village
Social Service Case Manager and Tribal Court Liaison provides; Advocacy, prevention, early intervention, case management, and supportive services for individuals and families impacted by a variety of social and behavioral health issues (addiction/substance abuse/alcohol, trauma and domestic violence, disabilities and mental health). Under the direct supervision of the Tribal Administrator or Designees, the Court Liaison as an officer of the Court serves as Court Clerk and is responsible for the facilitation of Tribal Court hearings. Facilitation includes referrals to Tribal and local community resources, conducting supervised visits, interviews, and in-home services and inspections. This position requires providing support to the Parties involved in cases before the Court and as a liaison between different departments and offices, police departments and other courts of competent jurisdiction. Any interested candidate can request more information by calling Faith at 907-688-6020.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, in Social Services/Psychology/Counseling or related field,
- or equivalent of combined work experience and education.
- At least two years experience in case management, counseling, and homebased services working with individuals and families.
- Demonstrated understanding of family systems, permanency issues, substance abuse, domestic violence, child development, child welfare and Alaska Native cultures strongly recommended.
- Knowledge of Tribal and Traditional customs and Tribal Law preferred.
- Knowledge of statewide or community resources, agencies and service providers.
- Familiar with tribal self-governance issues and/or Alaska Native and American Indian communities.
- Applicants must be assertive, self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Experience with planning, organizing and follow through of various community activities.
- Must be personable, friendly and dependable.
- Must be able to work individually and as a member of a team.
- Must be able to prioritize and balance multiple tasks.
- Have excellent oral and written communication and computer skills are required.
Workplace Environment Place of employment to be located at 26339 Eklutna Village Road, Chugiak, Alaska 99567. Work hours 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday. Periodically, other hours are necessary to accommodate meetings or special events.
REQUIRED: All applicants who will be working with Native families and children must pass a State of Alaska and Federal Criminal background check and possess a valid Alaska Driver’s license with a good driving record and proof of insurance upon hire. A State of Alaska Interested Persons background check will be required at time of hire.
NATIVE PREFERENCE STATEMENT: Pursuant to the Indian Self-Determination and Education Assistance Act of 1975 (PL 93-638) and as further guided by CITC’s Native Preference Policy 6.120, CITC maintains preference in all phases of employment for Alaska Native, American Indian (AN/AI) and Native Hawaiian people, including direct lineal descendants and foster or traditionally adopted children. Also included are non-Native head of household members for Native families, which includes foster or traditionally adopted Native children.