Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, management, or a closely related field; AND four (4) years of professional human resources experience to include overseeing compliance with employment laws.
Required Knowledge and Skills Knowledge of:
- Methods and techniques related to professional human resources delivery.
- Generally accepted Human Resources principles and federal employment, benefits, insurance and safety laws, rules and regulations related to the work.
- Federal Indian Law, State Law, Government Law and its application to Tribal Government.
- Human Resource Information Systems
- Management-employee relations and the principles, practices, and procedures of human resources administration.
- Specific areas of job content, qualifications, education and training requirements of a wide variety of occupations; and wage and salary compensation and administration.
- Records management principles and practices.
- Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
- Principles and techniques of making effective oral presentations.
- Researching and analyzing policy and other data to arrive at valid conclusions, recommendations, and plans of action.
- Interpreting, applying and explaining complex federal, state and local laws related to the areas of responsibility.
- Project Management
- Training others in policies and procedures related to the work.
- Coaching others through complex, challenging, and emotional issues.
- Organizing own work, setting priorities and meeting critical deadlines.
- Preparing clear and concise reports, correspondence and other written materials.
- Using initiative and independent judgment within general policy guidelines.
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of the work.
- Using tact, discretion and prudence in dealing with those contacted in the course of the work.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, AND REGISTRATIONS:
- Tribal Human Resources Professional Certificate OR qualified to earn within one year of hire.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Mobility to work in a typical office setting and use standard office equipment; stamina to sit for extended periods of time; strength and agility to lift and carry up to 20 pounds; vision to read printed materials and a computer screen, and hearing and speech to communicate in over the telephone and in person.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Continued employment is contingent upon all required licenses and certificates being maintained in active status without suspension or revocation.
- New employees are required to submit to a background investigation. Employment is contingent upon passing the background investigation.
- Prior to entering the workplace a negative COVID-19 test is required. Guidance and directions on where to take the COVID-19 test will be provided prior to anticipated start date.