Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe
Division: Social Services
Job Code: 43-6014
Salary Range: $23,878.40 - $40,456.00
Status: Full-time, non-exempt
Under the direct supervision of the Program Manager, the Administrative Assistant will perform routine clerical and administrative functions such as drafting correspondence, scheduling appointments, organizing and maintaining paper and electronic files, and/or providing information to callers. This individual will also be responsible for case management meeting attendance, taking minutes and transcribing. Act as contact person, screening calls, mail, setting appointments and assists the Program Manager. The Administrative Assistant will also enter progress notes into the state CONNECTIONS system for the Intensive Preventive Program
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answer telephones, and give information to callers, take messages, or transfer calls to appropriate individuals. Will greet visitors, assist and direct to appropriate area or person, and answer general questions pertaining to the program.
- Phones answered in a timely courteous manner
- Give appropriate direction to calls and visitors to the building
- Arrange conference, meeting, or travel reservations for office personnel.
- Typing correspondence, maintaining files and archives for the program.
- Enter calendar events, court dates, and client stats.
- Complete forms in accordance with company procedures.
- Serve as contact person for clients.
- Attending case management meetings, recording & transcribing minutes, and typing and distributing meeting minutes.
- Ensure that time sheets, mileage, travel requests, and mail are processed in a timely manner.
- Attend trainings as offered or as directed by Program Manager
- Order and maintain supplies, and arrange for equipment maintenance.
- Order office supplies, submit PO and check requests, as needed for monthly office and vehicles maintenance.
- Manage office flow
- Keep calendar updated for all staff/client and administrative activities
- Set up mailboxes for all staff
- Messages and appointments posted and staff notified
- Operate office equipment, such as fax machines, copiers, or phone systems and arrange for repairs when equipment malfunctions.
- Type reports, memos and notes into CONNECTIONS.
- Compose and type correspondence.
- Type monthly reports; enter calendar events, court dates and client stats.
- Minutes of weekly staff meetings.
- Create and maintain file of group attendance for parenting and other group activities.
- Prepare and handout copies and certificates for clients and parenting group attendance.
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
- Will Promote SRMT in a positive manner at all times.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: There are no supervisory responsibilities with this position.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Due to the sensitive nature of information and personal files maintained within Social Service Division, we must maintain strict confidentiality at all times.
EDUCATION and /or EXPERIENCE: 2 yr. certificate/ AA degree; Some experience working with confidential information; Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, and ability to present self in a professional and tactful manner, especially in stressful situations; Strong computer skills – word/excel; Knowledge and understanding of Akwesasne community, values, traditions and social norms.
OTHER SKILLS and/or ABILITIES: Strong communication skills, both oral and written; Ability to deal effectively with professional staff; Extensive knowledge of asset management including financial resources and property, Must have the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions; Shall have ability to quickly acquire or have working knowledge of grants and contracts; Must have skill to learn and apply federal and state statutes and regulations impacting the Programs of the Division.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to express ideas and use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
Must be at least 21 years of age, have and maintain a valid driver’s license with a clean drivers abstract in accordance with the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe’s Fleet Policy.
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe strives to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the policy of nondiscrimination based on race, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, physical disability, veteran status or any other non-job related factor.
The successful candidate must pass a test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed.
The successful candidate must pass a criminal background check, as well as, a State Central Registry Clearance prior to employment.
I have reviewed this Job Description with my immediate Supervisor and I understand the contents of it.
Applicants must submit letter of interest, resume, supporting documents (certificates, degrees, licenses) and proof of native preference eligibility (Tribal Identification Card or Status Card or letter) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Human Resources, Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe, 71 Margaret Terrance Memorial Way, Akwesasne, NY 13655. Due to our network security, we are unable to open hyperlinks. Applicants will need to attach their documents as PDF or WORD files if emailing. Applicants must clearly outline that they meet the qualification requirements on their resume.
NATIVE PREFERENCE POLICY
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe strives to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the policy of nondiscrimination based on race, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, physical disability, veteran status or any other non-job related factor. Among qualified applicants, the SRMT will give preference to the qualified native applicant.
DRUG TESTING POLICY
The successful applicant for employment must submit to and pass a drug test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed.
Some positions require candidate(s) to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment, used solely for employment related purposes.
A list of qualified candidates is created from interviews that may be used to appoint individuals to similar positions within the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe for a period of six months.
Testing in the applicable skills may be required as part of the interview process.